Production of television commercials, event videos, corporate videos, wedding videos, and special-interest home videos is some of the reasons why you need video production.
If you intend to create a stellar video (or corporate video production), you will need to follow five main stages of video production, that include:
Development or Strategy
In this step, you must figure out what you want to achieve in your video and how you can build your initial thinking.
· Determine the type of video: There are many formats of videos – settle down on a particular shooting format that can help you determine the resources required.
· Brainstorm ideas for the production: Come up with a creative concept so you can uniquely display your vision.
· Find a budget and goal: Video production requires a reasonable budget as long as you have some metric that can measure its success. Metrics measures success, for example, traffic, engagement and increased sales. Pin down your own goals and work with a reasonable video production company.
The pre-production stage is less abstract but more specific from the development or strategy phase. This stage involves everything that happens before shooting, like:
· Project kick-off and research
· Schedule of the production
· Script development or script writing
· Casting actors
· Hiring crews
· Graphics concepts
· Scouting and locking locations
· Wardrobe and prop identification and preparation
· Post-production preparation
In this stage, all the planning that you have done in the previous steps comes together. It is the most intense and time-sensitive phase of video production. The time of creation depends upon the length and type of video that you’ve selected.
The production phase includes:
· Setting up the sound, lighting and video equipment
· Conducting interviews
· Recording voice overs
· Recording extra footage to support your story also known as B-roll
Numerous takes will be shot with any live scenery, actors or products as required. Additional sound effects and audio will be added later in the video.
In this stage, the production team digs into the audio footage and recorded video and blends it to create a final video. With multiple software and editing equipment, the production company will add music, transitions, effects, etc. in your video. The video production company will handle the nuts and bolts of the video. As a result, these combined efforts will form a video content that meets the objectives, match your brand and most importantly fulfill your expectations.
The Post-production stage includes:
· Logging the interviews
· Producing the final story
· Selection of music
· Editing of the videos
After creating a draft of the video, it’s the time for-
· Initial revisions and approvals: The revision process will take place if you assume that there are some changes required. In some production companies, there are predefined hours set aside for reviews and revisions.
After the successful production of video, it needs marketing and distributors. Some major types of marketing and distribution ideas are-
· Television – TV distribution has the broadest audience. It’s beneficial for products that have services aimed towards a specific geographic area.
· Video platforms – Media-based platforms encourage sharing. As a result, your video may go viral. Moreover, on video platforms, your content can be posted for free, you can also promote your video by paying.
· Social media– presently, social media is an excellent platform to share videos. If the company has a unique social media presence, then they can directly interact with the audience or followers.